Mostly World of Warcraft and Paladins. But also some Internets.

This page is mostly for reaching out to people a bit better that I know as everyone knows that online time can turn quite hectic on occasion, and some things require a bit more thought before you can express them in an accurate way. With more or less related subjects tossed in between.

Internets in general.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Captain Fraps

Ever since I saw the first player-recorded WoW videos, I thought the concept was fun. Unfortunately I was plagued throughout the years of either riding the fine line of having just about enough hardware power to just play the game or less, and it wasn't really an active project after trying and miserably lagging to pieces a couple of times.

Early in this year I decided to screw everything that was saving pennies and bought hardware with little to no holding back on the economic side. After some issues of riding on a very outdated bios version, I now got everything running perfectly and found I could run fraps recording with everything at highest quality. So I decided to give it a shot and see how it panned out with no real prior experience of editing whatsoever. Too bad Youtube butchers quality hard - my test video of a crappy Saurfang kill even after all processing looks pretty shanky at HD quality. But eh, you have to start somewhere.

Offnote: You really ought to watch it in HD to make out something meaningful of what's going on in the video.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you still alive, Neimi? And, do you still play? We were never really friends, I guess, but I always saw you around. All the best from someone still, after all these years, in Burning Dawn.

Post a Comment